* Update: Position Filled! *
We recently filled the position I posted earlier.
I now have a new position to fill -- Sr. Web UI Engineer for Customer Service Engineering. In this role you will help design and engineer a new suite of web-based customer service applications.
- Is passionate about designing and engineering great interfaces
- Has solid experience designing & building enterprise web applications in a Web 2.0 manner (rich in features, more complex in interaction than our main Netflix site)
- Has strong proficiency in server-side UI technologies (Java, JSP, Struts, Tiles)
- Has a solid background in simple software architecture and design as well as can communicate their solutions to the rest of the engineering team
If you have always wanted to work for a site like Netflix, but were unsure you had enough consumer web site experience then this could be a great opportunity. The applications you will design and build are not for the main Netflix member site, but instead for our #1 rated customer service team.
The person in this role will be part of the Customer Services Engineering Team as well as a member of my Netflix Web UI Engineering team. Since much of the work is greenfield you will have the opportunity to help design the user experience as well as build the web applications. In addition, the Netflix UI framework that the site runs on is shared with these applications. As such you will help flesh out this framework as we go forward.
So what technologies would you be using?
- HTML, CSS
- JSP Tags
- YUI Grid
Here is the LinkedIn Posting.